Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing. On this website you can find information, guidance, preventive mechanisms taken by Tamil Nadu Government and current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to be reported. Please visit this page for daily updates.
- Covid19 Prevention – Transparent Mask Distribution. 27.05.20
- Collector Inspection – 12th Exam Valuation Centre. 26.05.20
- Tamilnadu Career services online coaching classes. 26.05.2020
- Covid19 Prevention – Maharashtra Migrant workers Send off. 23.05.20
- CM Youth Award – Press Release
- Covid19 Prevention – Support to the Migrant Workers. 18.05.20
- Covid19 Prevention – Honorable Deputy CM Review Meeting. 16.05.20