SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED THROUGH BACKWARD CLASSES,MOST BACKWARD CLASSES, DENOTIFIED AND MINORITIES COMMUNITIES
The Government is implementing various welfare schemes for the educational, economic and social upliftment of the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes, Denotified Communities and Minorities. The Government provides scholarship,hostel facilities, bi-cycles for the educational advancement of students of these communities. The Government also runs Kallar Reclamation schools for the educational upliftment of the Piramalai Kallar Community. In order to promote livelihood opportunities of the poor of these communities, the Government implements schemes such as distribution of sewing machines, iron boxes, house sites and loan schemes through the Tamil Nadu Backward Classes Economic Development Corporation and the Tamil Nadu Minorities Economic Development Corporation. Further, the Government provides various social welfare assistance to the people of Narikuravar Community and Denotified Communities through the Welfare Boards constituted for the communities.
The Government implements various schemes for the welfare of the Minorities, such as assistance to Hajj pilgrimage, financial assistance to Jerusalem pilgrimage, grant of Rs.1 crore to take up maintenance and renovation works in churches and pension for Ulemas. The Ulema pension has been enhanced from Rs.1,000 to Rs.1,500 per month, from the year 2016-2017.
BC, MBC & Minorities Welfare Department
- Distribution of Free House Site Patta
- Examination fees – From 2007-08 academic year onwards Tamil Medium students are exempted from payment of examination fees.
- Food Grant
- Free Education (Degree)
- Free Education Polytechnic
- Free Education Professional Courses
- FREE EDUCATION SCHEME
- Free education scholarship for Professional Courses (Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary and Law)
- Free education scholarship for three year Diploma (Polytechnic Courses)
- Free supply of Bicycles
- Grant-cum-loan scheme for small and medium farmers
- Grants to perform Funeral Rites
- IAS/IPS CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION TRAINING
- Incentives scheme for rural girl students (MBC /DNC only)
- Individual Term Loan Scheme
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships to minority students
- Milch animal loan schemes
PERARIGNAR ANNA MEMORIAL AWARD
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Postmatric Scholarship are sanctioned from 11th Standard to Research level as per the rates prescribed in the Scholarship Notitification
- Post matric scholarships to minority students Pre Matric Scholarships
PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
- Scheme for Meritorious students to pursue Higher Secondary Education in the best schools of TamilNadu
- Schemes of BC, MBC, dept – Stationery – Free supply of Text Books Schemes of BC, MBC, dept – Stationery – Note Books
Stationery – Special Guides (Question and Answer)
- Stationery – Uniforms
- Supply of Free Bicycles
- Supply of Iron Box
- Supply of Sewing Machines
- BACKWARD CLASSES (BC & MBC / DNC)
The following scholarships schemes are implemented for BC, MBC and DNC Students.
- Prematric Scholarship (6 Std to 10 Std English Medium)
- Postmatric Scholarship (11 Std to Phd.)
- Free Education Scholarship ( 3 Years Degree Course, Govt /Govt Aided, Arts & Science).
- Free Education Scholarship (3 Years Diploma in Polytechnics)
- Free Education for Professional Courses
NOTE: All the scholarship applications are given, received and applied through the concerned schools or institutions / colleges.
All the Scholarships will be given to the students those who are getting income of Rs.2.00 Lakhs per annum.
RURAL GIRLS INCENTIVE (MBC / DNC)
To bring down the drop out rate amoung Girls students of Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities at Primary School Level in Rural areas,
an incentive of Rs.500/- per year to a girl student studying in 3rd Standard to 5th Standard and Rs.1000/- per year to a girl student studying in
Theni Muslim Women Aid Society
- Helps any destitute Muslim Widow / Women with monthy allowance or some other form as the funds of the society may permit.
- Imparts training to destitute Muslim Women in Handicrafts, Small scale industries.
- Organises a Home for aged / destitute Muslim Women
- Assists Muslim women members in the commercial, Industrial and educational fields with a view to inculcate in them a sense of care and assistance.
The Government is implementing three kinds of scholarship schemes of Government of india for the students belonging to religious Minorities viz/. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain studying from 1stStd to Professional Degree / Research level courses in Government / Government Aided and in all recognized private Institutions.
To apply for Minority Scholarship click the link https://nsp.gov.in/
|Name of the Scholarships||Classes covered||Parent / Guardians Annual income limit|
|Prematric||Std. 1 to X||Rs. 2.00 Lakh|
|Postmatric||Std. 11th to Ph.D||Rs. 1.00 Lakh|
|Merit-Cum-Means Based||Professional / Technical Courses||Rs. 2.50 Lakh|
Eligibility Criteria for availing Scholarship
- Students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous year final examination (except 1st,)
- 30% of Scholarships is earmarked to Girl students from out of the total physical target.
- Scholarship will be given to the students native of Tamil Nadu.
- Scholarship will be sanctioned only for 2 Children in a family.
- Students should not avail any other scholarship through Backward Class / Adidravidar Welfare / other Departments, Welfare Boards, etc., while applying of this scholarship.
ULEMAS AND OTHER PERSONNEL WELFARE BOARD
The Ulema and other Personnel Welfare Board was formed during the year 2009 and functioning for the upliftment of educational and economic status of the Ulemas, Aalims, Pesh – Imams, Arabic Teachers, Mothinars, Bilal, and other Employees working in Mosque, Madarasas, Darghas, Ashurkhanas, Burial ground, Thaikas, Muslim Orphanages etc. in the state
The persons who have completed 18 years and not attained 60 years of age are eligible for Membership. Identity Cards are given to the registered Members of the Board at free of cost. The Identity cards should be renewed once in three years.
The financial assistance given to the members of the Ulemas and Other personnel Welfare Boads are as follows:
- Death due to accident 1,00,000/-
- Handicapped due to accident (with reference to percentage of handicapness) 10,000 to 1,00,000/-
- Natural Death 15,000/-
- Funeral Expenses 2,000/-
- Girl student studying in X Std. 1,000/-
- Student passed in X Std. 1,000/-
- Girl student studying in XI Std. 1,000/-
- Girl student studying in XII Std. 1,500/-
- Student passed in XII Std. 1,500/-
- Student studying Degree Courses (Day Scholar) 1,500/-
- Student studying Degree Courses (Hosteller) 1,750/-
- Student studying post Graduate Courses (Day Scholar) 4,000/-
- Student studying Post Graduate Courses (Hosteller) 5,000/-
- Student studying Under Graduate Professional Course (Day Scholar) 4,000/-
- Student studying Under Graduate Professional Courses (Hosteller) 6,000/-
- Student studying Post Graduate professional Courses (Day Scholar) 6,000/-
- Student studying in Post Graduate Professional Courses (Hosteller) 8,000/-
- Student studying in ITI/Polytechnic 1,000/-
- Student studying in ITI/Polytechnic (Hosteller) 1,200/-
- Marriage Assistance 2,000/-
- Maternity Assistance
- Maternity Assistance of Rs. 1,000/- per month for six months 6,000/-
- Abortion 3,000/-
- Spectacle 5,00 (Max.)
- Old Age Pension 1,000 p.m
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR JERUSALEM PILGRIMAGE
A new scheme providing financial assistance for Jerusalem Pilgrimage by all sections of Christians in Tamil Nadu has been ordered by the Government. At the rate of Rs. 20,000/- each.
TAMILNADU BACKWARD CLASSES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
The Tamil Nadu Backward Classes Economic Development Corporation is providing loan assistance for the Economic upliftment of Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities at lower rates of interest for establishing trade or business. TABCEDCO is sanctioning loan to the individuals, Self Help Groups through the sub-channelizing agencies such as District Central Co-operative Banks / Urban Co-operative Banks, Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Societies, Tamilnadu Co-operative Milk Produces Federation (Aavin), Tamilnadu Industrial Co-operative Bank, Taminadu Handloom Development Corporation
TAMILNADU MINORITIES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
The TamilNadu Minorities Economic Development Corporation was established with the objective of providing loan assistance at lower rate of interest to take up self employment activities by the economically backward religious minorities viz. Muslims, Christians, Buddhist, Sikhs, Parsis and Jains in Tamil Nadu. The Corporation sanctions and disburses the loans through Co-operative Banks / Societies under several schemes viz., Individual Term Loan Scheme, Micro Financing through Self Help Groups, Education Loan etc.,